Ethereum Coinvote – Create and vote on polls using your Ethereum account
We would like to announce the availability of our new coinvote module that allows you to create polls and vote for them simply by signing a message using your Ethereum account. Similar to carbonvote each vote is weighted by the amount of Ether the account currently holds. All vote results of a poll are adjusted on real time basis according to the current Ether balances of the accounts that have voted.
Using signatures it is possible to prove to a 3rd party the ownership of a specific Ethereum account without revealing the corresponding private key.
In order to prevent spam, to vote on a poll you need to have at least 0.01 ETH in your account. To create a poll you need to have at least 1 ETH.
How to vote on a poll:
- Select the poll you would like to vote on from the list of active polls
- Select the "Cast your vote" tab
- Choose your vote from the drop down list
- If you want to vote on behalf of a contract, enter the contract address in the corresponding field and sign the message with the account that has initially created the contract.
- Go to MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet and sign the message displayed in the form using an Ethereum account that has at least a balance of 0.01 ETH
- Paste the signed message in the Signature field of the form and press Vote
How to create a new poll:
- Click here to open the new poll form
- Fill in your question, an optional description, the duration of the poll (1 day, 1 week or 1 month; longer polls are possible on request) and up to 5 possible answers
- Go to MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet and sign the message displayed in the form using an Ethereum account that has at least a balance of 1 ETH
- Paste the signed message in the Signature field of the form and press Submit
As an example we have created two polls, one for EIP 958 – Modify block mining to be ASIC resistant and one for EIP 999 – Restore Contract Code at 0x863DF6BFa4469f3ead0bE8f9F2AAE51c91A907b4. The duration for both polls is 1 week.
If you change your opinion during the duration of a poll, you can always change your answer by submitting a new vote from the same account.
If you have any feedback on the coinvote module feel free to contact us in our gitter chat.
We would like to thank @holiman, /u/veoxxoev & @carver for their valuable feedback during the development of the module.
Submitted April 17, 2018 at 12:05AM }
via reddit https://ift.tt/2JQXQ1R