Parallel processing smart contracts in the EVM
Hey guys, I’m new to this sub but had a question about Ethereum’s VM processing bottleneck issue. Would it be possible to add a clause to any smart contract specifying the number of nodes they would like to have process the contract, and would this allow for parallel processing?
- Let’s say each contract specified the number of nodes it required to reach consensus on it (more nodes costing more gas).
- The contract would then be added to a “processing que.”
- When a node was available it would scan the que, select/claim the contract, and process it.
- Once the contract in the que had the specified number of nodes processing it, it would be removed from the que.
- The result of the contract (which had been agreed upon and signed by the random cohort of nodes that ran it) would be posted to the network as a verified solution and adopted by all other nodes.
In theory the random assignment of nodes to a smart contract on a network of sufficient size would insure that no one malicious actor could process his/her own contract.
This would also allow network participants to pay for the level of “certainty” (number of nodes) they would like a contract processed with.
Like I said, I am new to all this and am almost certain that there is an error I am overlooking and would love to get some feedback
Submitted December 08, 2018 at 03:11PM }
via reddit https://ift.tt/2El6s1k