The Exclusive Ethereum Hardfork Naming Finals
You have proposed Ethereum protocol upgrade names and now we shall use our donuts to decide. Background, rules, and details: The Exclusive Ethereum Hardfork Naming Challenge. Candidates for the Finals:
[A] Moons of the Solar System
Enceladus, Rhea, Hyperion, Phobos, Deimos, Oberon, Iapetus, Titan, Callisto…
Moons of the solar system. They are naturally grouped by planet, so they are extensible if a fork gets postponed or divided a couple times. Perhaps this would even be a good way to push new features: Keep forks restricted to very similar or thematic EIPs.
Each planet has on average 2-3 large moons, and a smattering of smaller ones (sometimes more than a smattering, depending on planet size)
[A] Moons of Various Solar System Objects in Increasing Mean Distance from the Earth
I propose moons of various solar system objects in increasing mean distance from the earth.
So this would be: Luna (earth's moon), Phobos, Deimos (Mars' moons), Jupiter then has 79 moons (!), Saturn (62), Uranus…so on and so forth. This will provide a list that will last long into the centuries of development on Ethereum and will track humanity's progress as we discover more moons outside the solar system. As development progresses we go further from the earth, thus producing a simple intuitive logic for the naming standard.
[B] Names of Mythical Cities
I like Ethereum as the network's name because it's magical yet high tech. Following along that line of thought I propose we use the names of mythical cities or places because of their technology which mystically blends perfectly through society and reflects well on the Ethereum name. They stir images of humans, technology, and the environment thriving symbiotically. (possibly in alphabetical order).
Like so, (with a quick explanation of what the place is just for people that don't watch jeopardy or read books)
- Asgard- " The high placed city of the gods, built by Odin, chief god of the Norse pantheon. "
- Atlantis- " The legendary (and almost archetypal) lost continent that was supposed to have sunk into the Atlantic Ocean. "
- Camelot- " The city in which King Arthur reigned. "
- El Dorado- " Rumored city of gold in South America. "
- Mount Olympus- "In Greek mythology the mountain is referred to as "home of the gods", specifically the Twelve Olympians"
- Shangri-La- "A mystical, harmonious valley enclosed in the western end of the Kunlun Mountains."
- Valhalla- "(from Old Norse Valhöll "hall of the slain") is a majestic, enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the god Odin."
[C] Feasting All Day Long
Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner
[D] 12 Tasks in the Myth of Hercules
As in the myth of Hercules 12 tasks (material for 12 forks):
Nemean Lion, Hydra, Cerynitian Hind, Erymanthian Boar, Stables of Augeius, Stymphalian Birds, Cretan Bull, Mares of Diomedes, Hippolyte's Girdle (personal favorite), Cattle of Geryon, Golden Apples of Hesperides, Cerberus.
[E] Ancient Wonders
[F] The Best Science Fiction Writers
All the best SF writers
[G] The Seven Hills of Rome
Name the updates after the seven hills of Rome, because Rome – the most advanced empire of its time – was built on top of them.
- Aventine Hill (Latin, Aventinus)
- Caelian Hill (Cælius, Celio)
- Capitoline Hill (Capitolinus, Campidoglio)
- Esquiline Hill (Esquilinus, Esquilino)
- Palatine Hill (Palatinus, Palatino)
- Quirinal Hill (Quirinalis, Quirinale)
- Viminal Hill (Viminalis, Viminale)
Note, I merged both moon proposals. 🙂
Happy Donut'ing. 🍩